Features covered in the Ghana Tourism Guide
NOW ON SALE
The Official Ghana Tourist Guide is an essential guide for both Ghanaians and Non-Ghanaians who plan on exploring or want to learn more about the country. Well written, detailed and illustrated with pictures, this updated and comprehensive edition is all that you will need to explore the Golden Experience that Ghana offers.
Chapters contained in the Official Ghana Tourist Guide include:
- Forts & Castles: Profiles and history of the remaining legacies of the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
- Festivals: Listings and information on Ghana’s traditional festivals showcasing the celebration of Ghanaian pomp and pageantry at its very best.
- Wildlife & Nature: Explore the very best of Ghana’s National Parks, Eco-Tourism sites and Waterbodies including the famous Kakum Canopy Walkway, Mole National Park, Wli Waterfall, Boabeng Fiema Monkey and Paga Crocodile Sanctuaries amongst many others.
- Adventures: Experience the many thrill seeking activities on offer such as paragliding, rock climbing, biking, sailing, deep sea fishing and scuba diving.
- Beaches & Resorts: Discover the many beaches and resorts along the country's beautiful 540km coastline.
- Regional Diversity: In-depth information on the diversity of Ghana’s ten regions, complete with places of interest, hotel and restaurant reviews, shopping districts and nightlife entertainment.
- Arts & Culture: Well researched knowledge on ancient crafts and traditional arts such as Adinkra symbols, royal stools, famous proverbial coffins, traditional kente cloth as well as beads, leather and Ghanaian gold.
- Ghana & Cocoa: Find out about the origins and importance of Ghana’s main export commodity.
- Visitor’s Tips: Insider information on travelling to Ghana and around the country as well as key information on, airlines, local Currency, foreign missions, immigration, customs and police, traditional foods, utilities, medical and dental care.
In addition to the various regional maps inside the Guide, included is a detachable glossy A1 Tourist Map of Accra and Ghana to help you locate the various service providers and places of interest.